Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One week on...

We've been here one week. It already seems like ages since we left Colorado. I'm missing it some. Mostly just the routine of life there.

Today we would have had therapy. And tomorrow, more therapy. Max hasn't been to therapy now in a month. I have to work extra hard to make sure he is keeping up with it, and know that once we get settled, he will get back into it.

He's not feeling great today. He was up most of the night pretty upset. If I am seeing correctly, I think he has part of a tooth poking through his gums. I know it might seem strange to be 4 and still teething, but Max doesn't use his teeth for much of anything. He will bite my finger occasionally, but really there is no way for his teeth to work their way through in the back. He had several seizures in the night, and as he's trying to go to sleep tonight is having more. They are brief, so they are not damaging, but a seizure is a seizure...and I hate them every single one.

I hope he is feeling more his normal self soon. I would like to play with him, and teach him to count to 10, how to spell his name, and see how many of his colors and abc's he knows. I figure since we are wanting him to go to school in the future, I will try to teach him the basics now.

We're also working on standing up more. And sitting up with little support. It is going well, and he loves it, but it is a lot of work to hold him up, so his full cooperation is needed. We just put on his music and let him dance!

Off to sleep now. I sure hope he finds a sleep spot tonight. That will mean that we do too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering how y'all were doing. glad that you are doing well fitting in. shall pray for the almighty to take those seizures away. hugs to you all .

Chi said...

I wish I was there doing therapy with Max. I think it would he would have so much fun:) I'm glad to see that you are attempting to adjust. I wish you were back in Denver:) but I am glad you are happy.

debbiearnn said...

i can't believe it's already been a week!
hope you get things settled in soon so Max won't miss too much more therapy.

And I'll be he knows more than you think about numbers and letters and colors. He's got you and Abby reading to him and all...
:-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the UK! (If a little belatedly) It is very strange reading of you going to ASDA!

Will certainly pray you get that therapy sorted soon.

Thia said...

Hugs from one mamma of a teether to another! Hope you both find some rest soon.

Elizabeth said...

My laptop is down so I'm having to use Stephen's--makes catching up difficult.

How did therapy go? Hope Max is feeling better. I think he probably already knows a great deal of things. Prayers.
elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I HATE BLOGGER :))

choose your identity
word verification
blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Deana said...

Vijay,
Thanks for the prayers as always!

Chi,
I know you'd be a great therapist for Max, why not just come here? Skip Denver!

Debbie,
He is a smart boy, I just want to keep that knowledge up!

Fiona,
So great to see you here! Soon enough we'll have to meet up!

Thia,
I'm not so sure today he is teething, I think he has some sinus pressure going on...either way...when he can' tell me what's going on it is so frustrating.

Elizabeth,
I had to read your comment a couple of times to realize it was you. I have another stephen attached to an elizabeth in my life and I couldn't figure it out! Glad to see you though!

Kris,
So sorry for the frustration...email always work too!;)