Yesterday I sent the same post below to family and friends letting them know we had arrived. In my tiredness I forgot to BCC: everyone and instead CC: 'd everyone. Something that annoys me to no end.
When I was talking with my mom last night, she told me she had read my email, and noticed I sent it to Grandmama, and then asked if I knew I did that. That's when it hit me again how annoyed I was that I sent it cc instead of bcc, because I send most "news" emails to Grandmama. If Max is sick, or did something amazing, or news on our house selling, or coming to the UK. I always send it to her too. No one has ever caught it until mom said that.
I told her of course I knew I sent it to her, and that I send her lots of emails. She always responds right away, with "no longer here". :D I like to think she got it and sent back a reminder that she's not with me here anymore but was glad to get the news.
Delusional, I know, but I still like to do it.
And now you know.
In other news...
It is Valentine's Day here too. I don't know how big of a deal it is here. I'm guessing a pretty big deal. Yesterday at ASDA there were people buying flowers and cards and "bedtime clothes", just right there by the shampoo, racks and racks of women's lingerie! Turn the corner from buying your tea tree shampoo, and oh by the way, did you need a nighty to go with that? So weird.
Steve got back with Olive yesterday afternoon. She was happy to see us. I think she is jet-lagged too. Either that or just worn out from all of the travel. But she is fine, and doesn't hold too much of a grudge, especially since I bought a box of treats at ASDA yesterday and went crazy feeding them to her trying to convince her to love me again.
We went to dinner with some of Sam and Rachel's friends from their church Mosaic last night. It was nice, and Max was mostly good. He was tired, but pushed through it and we had a pleasant time.
We've just been putting clothes and things away too, so it all looks like a tornado came through our space here. We'll go to Ikea this weekend to get some more storage space for the clothes we brought.
I guess that's all for now. On to more unpacking, and then start calling people in the states to wake them up!
4 comments:
Bribing the dog. I see how it is. Lol. Hope the settling in continues to go well.
Sorry I ruined your secret.
settle in . follow your dreams.
loving that you get to go to Ikea!!!!
:-)
and that Olive is back and happy...
Post a Comment