Sunday, March 23, 2008

Driving in yesterday...

This is about 30 minutes from our house...


California Spring

I didn't touch up this picture at all...this is exactly as it looks! It was the most beautiful setting to welcome us in.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

very cool!

Leanne Stewart said...

You know I'd be Cali. bound just like that *snaps fingers* if I could.

Maybe one of these days.

:)

Sally said...

California hills! (East bay, right?) Did you drive through Altamont Pass and then down through Pleasanton and Sunol? Or did you cross the bay at the San Mateo bridge? Coyote Flats use to be really cool - I think it's still a preserve and very cool.

What a lovely welcome for you!

Anonymous said...

What can I say...it is just picture perfect...:-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Deana, just beautiful. I am so happy for y'all. Hope you get unpacked and settled quickly. How's Max? Is Olive settling in okay? Prayers,

debbiearnn said...

:-)
It's like it's saying
"Welcome to California!"

Beautiful!

Can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

welcome to california!

Anonymous said...

Can I visit you in California?????PLeeease

Chi said...

i change my mind...i'm moving there!

Deana said...

Momma...I thought of you right away when I saw this hill.

Sam...We've got a place ready for you guys to stay!

Leanne..."one of these days" has gotten me many places this past year alone!

Sally...I have no idea...it was close to San Luis Reserviour.

Lilia...very picture perfect!

Elizabeth...Max did great on the drive. The first night he was mighty grumpy, and last night he didn't sleep well, but he adjusts amazingly. Olive is still a little confused. I think once our stuff arrives and she sees we are staying here for good she'll feel better!

Debbie, the whole drive was like a gateway welcoming us. I 'll write about the trip more once internet is on at the house!

Vijay, thanks neighbor!

Zainab, Please please please please do! If you come, I will have to get Brenna here to see you too!

Chi...don't tease me!

Sally said...

Wow..

I could tell they were hills that face the west, but... when I checked the map I saw that you guys took an path I've never been on before. I'd be interested in knowing your total route - did you guys take 80 at all?

Deana said...

No we chose our stops differently than the route 80 took us on. We left Thursday night and drove 4 hours to Grand Junction, CO. Then the next day drove on to Las Vegas, then the next day all the way to Santa Clara.

It was a really pretty drive. We wanted to split it up like that so Max didn't have to spend as much time each day in the car, and so we would avoid bad weather.

Sally said...

PERFECT!

And what a way to see the beauty of the state! Springtime is beautiful there. I can't remember what the purple is, but aren't those California poppies on that hillside?

Do I need to move back home or do I need to move back home?

Danetta said...

Wow, even more inviting on the BIG screen.

Unknown said...

SO awesome!!!