Wednesday, May 14, 2008

95 in May???

It was 95 degrees here today! It's got me up, not wanting to go to bed where I'll be hot! Instead, I'm eating the leftover milkshake I froze earlier in the week. It's better this time around!

I don't know why it's so hot here this week, but it's supposed to stay in the high 90's all week, into the weekend. Then Monday, we're off to Denver for the week. We've got some doctors appointments to catch up with while we're there, and see our friends and my sister and bro in law.

I've just been doing laundry like crazy, and trying to stay on top of the house work, and Steve was gone Monday and Tuesday, gone again tomorrow for the day. Today we met the Metabolic doctors at Stanford. It was a really good visit. They had a couple of suggestions for medicine dose changes, but referred to Denver docs. I love it when we get in with doctors who all refer to each other as the experts. Because really, they are all brilliant minds, but they don't boast about it, and it just is good to have so many good people looking after our boy.

The nutritionist said he looked good, and was getting more than enough calories for his age. She would like to see him get more liquid intake, but if he is having wet diapers, and isn't dry in the mouth, then he is probably getting enough for himself. She gave us some calorie increase ideas, and overall made me feel like I was doing good with feeding him, something that is a constant worry to me.

Let's see what else what else what else...nothing really. I think I will go read, I have about 15 books to read before I can buy a new one...well that's my own limitations being put in effect there. I have way to many books to read...but I keep seeing ones I want to read!

2 comments:

Danetta said...

I think I heard it was in the 60's here yesterday. Strange, very strange.

Deana said...

I bet this heat will come your way!