Monday, May 5, 2008

Ang and Dan visit...

On Friday we went to San Francisco. For lunch we ate at the fisherman's wharf. I had clam chowder in a sourdough bowl. Mmmmm!

IMG_9114.JPG

Ang was a turkey...I mean had a turkey sandwich...

IMG_9115.JPG

It was kind if chilly so we were wearing coats...but you can still see the baby bump!

IMG_9116.JPG


Here's a view of Alcatraz Island from the pier...

IMG_9117.JPG

After the wharf, we went to Chinatown...

IMG_9126.JPG

After Chinatown we went to Pacifica to the ocean...

Ang skipped or bounced along...

IMG_9132.JPG

The guys went to play in the water...

IMG_9142.JPG

It was a great...LONG day! We headed back to the house and had In And Out Burger for dinner. It is a famous burger place with YUMMY burgers!

Saturday we planned on being beach bums all day. ;) The guys were planning on being in the water, and Ang wanted to splash around too, but I really don't get in because once I get wet...I don't want to get cold sitting by Max on the beach. So Ang got a wetsuit to stay warm in the water. It was so cute!

DSC_0003.JPG

And play they did...

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

Look at all of those surfers!

DSC_0044.JPG

While they played in the water, Max and I sat and watched them! Well, if Max wasn't under his big umbrella, he was hiding his eyes! His eyes are open here, he's just hiding them from the sun!

IMG_9144.JPG

We played a bit in the COLD water.

IMG_9146.JPG

But it was a little cold for me...and I was scared of getting soaked by the waves! So Steve took over and I took some pictures.

IMG_9154.JPG

Here's Max drying off after his dip in the Pacific.

IMG_9170.JPG

But he only stayed in that position for a few minutes. He got right back to his favorite thing to do while at the beach...

Play in the SAND!!!!!

He scoots his cover out of the way and digs his little toes down until he reaches the cool sand and then flings it all over the place!

IMG_9171.JPG

IMG_9173.JPG

He has so much fun at the Ocean. We all had fun.

We headed back to the house and I made some dinner to end out the evening. Today we went to IKEA and walked around before they had to go to the airport. It was such a nice time with them, and we'll get to see them again in a couple of weeks when we head to Denver for some doctor appointments.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sisters time is the BEST

Anonymous said...

mmmm... that chowder in the bowl looks good... i'll have to try making that sometime...

Anonymous said...

wow she is soooooo cute my baby is having a baby

Bek said...

It looks like you all had a blast. Its amazing how the beach can be so serene and so much fun at the same time.

palomarace said...

Wow! what a wonderful day!

I'm with you, I would not be in that cold water.