Monday, May 12, 2008

Long Mother's Day post...

Well I had a pretty great weekend!

Steve got me my Mother's Day gift on Friday, a new camera. I've been wanting a replacement smaller camera for a while, and we saw this one for a good deal.

So the rest of the weekend I wanted to use my new gift! On Saturday we drove out to Monterey Bay to the aquarium. It was pretty crowded, and I was trying to take pictures, which was annoying me. So I ended up just looking around. And Steve took pictures!

Here are some...you can look at all of them on flickr.

Monterey Bay

This guy was so playful!!!
Otter

These were creeeeeeepy, and way cool!
jelly fish

jelly fish

jelly fish

You COULD touch one of these...but I didn't!
Stingray

Can you see the fish?
Can you see the fish?

On Sunday, I woke up to a very very sweet little voice singing to me. Steve would ask him to say "Momma" and he would sing the same five notes over and over, I guess he sings my name! It was really sweet! We got up and around, and had lunch, then on to the trees...THE B-I-G TREES!!!!

We went to Big Basin Redwoods State Park.
DSCN0140.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

They were HUGE! And I LOVED THEM!!!!
DSC_0110.JPG

Can you see Steve?
DSCN0174.JPG

Max had a nice time too, he loved the quiet and dark!
DSC_0065.JPG

We're standing INSIDE of one here...
DSC_0169.JPG

DSCN0217.JPG

DSCN0215.JPG

It is was just so pretty, and peaceful.
DSCN0188.JPG

DSCN0199.JPG

DSCN0200.JPG

DSCN0146.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

And this bird...brilliant!
DSC_0054.JPG


But there was still room for being goofy!
DSCN0198.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSCN0214.JPG

A lovely Mother's Day!
DSC_0124.JPG

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Always enjoy looking through your pictures!

Thanks for filling in my Who Are You? page...

Shawnee said...

So glad to see you had a fun time. I love the trees. They are magnificent and Max looks so great! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Blessings,
Shawnee