If there's one thing I've learned over the past 6 months, it's that I am so not in control.
I've also learned that I/we make the very best decisions we can at the time, given the information and knowledge we have at the time.
I've learned a lot about Max. About who he is, who he is becoming, and how my care-giving is changing for him.
I've learned that my husband is amazing. Okay, I already knew that, but really really amazing. He's put up with a lot in these past 6 months. He's been beat up by the world more than once, but holds his head high. Always thinking of us first.
I've learned more about who I am, and what I need. I've learned that I can't do it all. That I have to say it out-loud sometimes..."I need help". "I can't do this on my own.". "I need people."
I've learned how to eat my words, swallow my pride, make confessions that aren't easy to make.
And so I come again...for the fourth time to announce...we are on the move.
Full circle, friends, full circle. We will be going back to Denver next week. Steve's work is allowing him to work from home, from there. We still have way more questions than answers as to why we had to make this journey, but like I said, I've already learned so much. And I truly feel like we are coming out on top. And that every step we've taken has been in the right direction...even if it ends up we walked in a big circle.
When we get back, we will get Max into his therapies right away, he will see a dentist, eye doctor, and a GI doctor, as we are planning on getting him a G-tube(feeding tube) placed in his stomach. Then, we are going to get him strong, gaining weight, and then we will put him in school. And all of those things, for those of you who have followed here for a while know that those things have been very very difficult for me to comes to terms with. (G-tube and School). But now, I see it as the next step for Max. Not exactly sure what opened my eyes and mind to it. But I know it is a good thing.
So friends, think of us as we pack up again. It shouldn't be too hard, considering we're not fully unpacked! Also, please pray for a tenant to fill our current house so we can move together. There are 4 people coming to look this weekend, after the landlady posted it last night.
And also know, I am truly truly truly happy, as I have been this whole journey. England was amazing, California was refreshing, but to grow and to move on, we need to go home.
7 comments:
It's been an amazing journey! Sometimes such change helps us to have clarity (oi tell me about it!) and see what we really want/need.
We're right here with you! :)
i'll always be here to listen! i know that you are facing some hard decisions with max, but you are making such wonderful decisions that will help max grow into a wonderful young man. i'm glad you are returning home; it gives me a place to come to when i finally make it to the mountains!
yea!! wait, does this mean you want your stuff back?
either way, yea!!
Thanks you all! It's been quite a ride! I'm ready to get off for a while and regain my senses before hopping back on!
Steve...no I don't want all my stuff back...unless there's something you stole...then I DO want that back. ;)
:)
you're coming home.
:)
What a surprise! Welcome back! Life is a full circle. I totally agree!
Post a Comment