GULP....GASP...COUGH COUGH COUGH....
Okay...coming up for air. What a week it has been.
I got out 3 times this week. I know that sounds like "big deal", but it really was a big deal. I got out, 3 times, with putting Max's seat in and out of the car, him in and out of the car, navigated around Santa Clara/San Jose. Pretty...BIG...deal. Yesterday we went to get a bite to eat at Red Robin, where Abbey tried to convince me that we should talk Daddy into us all moving back to Denver. Rip my heart out...poor kid. It's hard to remember that this is her first big move in her life. All she's ever known is our house in Denver, and her house in OK. We're working through it though.
Afterwards we went to Blockbuster to get some rental Wii Games. We have a Wii, and a Wii fit. When we went to England we busted the cord and had to replace it there, but in coming back, it would have cost as much as the console for just the cord, so we left the lot with Sam and Rachel. As soon as Abbey got here she wanted to know where the Wii was. Oops.
Back to the story, so we got a trivia game. It's really fun, some of the questions are way too old for Abbey to know. And it is set for the whole family. Oh well, she really is enjoying it. And we got some movies. Nancy Drew was the movie she chose. And we had a couple from Netflix we watched. I bought a couple of the ones they sell there, the old rentals I guess. One of which was Death At A Funeral. I'm sure it's not everyone's humor, but I laughed so hard at that movie I didn't know if I might throw up from not catching my breath. I knew at the end I had to own it. In fact...just sitting here typing about it...thinking of the scenes that made me laugh...oh dear it's funny!
Today we got out to go to the mall. It was a good outing. Lunch was just so-so, mostly because my salad was warm...yuck! Who likes warm Cesar Salad? And being there alone with the kids I couldn't take it back up there without a big fuss, so I just snarfed it down to get it over with. My strawberry ice-cream cone at the end of our excursion was much more tasty!
Steve gets home tomorrow. Boy am I glad! I don't know what all this weekend will hold, but being Father's Day, I'm sure we'll make it to the beach at least one day! Whatever we do it will be fun.
1 comment:
I am glad you got out and about with the kiddos. I know that wasn't easy for you but had to feel good to do it.
Poor Abbey it is so different for her. You know we have always told her everything is better in the mountains. She told me her favorite thing she had done so far was to go to the beach so maybe that will help her out this weekend if you get to go. It's nice that is something all of you enjoy doing.
Maybe daddy will want to spend a day with the children and let mommy have some rest for Father's Day. ;)
Post a Comment