Thursday, January 29, 2009

Max updates...

These are the ways I have signed emails today.

Deana
Mom to Max

Deana
Mom to Max, MMA Cbl-C

Deana
Mom to Max, Metabolic disease, epilepsy

Deana
Mom to Max, 5 years old,
Metabolic Diseases, (MMA + HCU), Epilepsy (Intractable Seizures)


Strange how when you have a disabled child, you get the titles too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In an email from a friend today, she spoke of her child with a similar metabolic disease to Max. She said, she didn't want to grow him like a flower in a greenhouse, she wanted him to live out in the world like everyone else. I loved that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We took Max to the pediatrician yesterday, after 6 weeks of diarrhea. We've changed his formula to the last one that was working. It had a smaller number of calories, but since he's been gaining steadily since the g-tube, they thought it would be okay to knock back some of the calories. I just hope the messy diapers end!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max weighs 40 pounds, and is 45 inches tall. His pediatrician gave a little WOOT WOOT when she pointed out he is finally on the BMI chart...for the first time in his life. Hey...it only took us 5 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since around Christmas, I have been going to the Chiropractor. I feel a million times better. I really have to make myself do my exercises every day...several times a day, but I can feel them working. Tomorrow I go back, and Max goes with for the second time. We don't know if it will really do anything to help, but we're going to give it a try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max has been making a lot of new sounds lately. A few sounds in particular seriously make me giggle every time I hear them. They sound....like a little geek. He's talking through his nose. And he will often laugh after he makes the sounds. Maybe he's getting tickled!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a couple of weeks I start the CNA class. I wouldn't say I'm excited for it. Maybe just ready to do it and get it over with. Too bad they can't just say I've been doing it long enough to get the certification by experience! It will be good to get set up though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for a Max - related catch up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear about Max's weight gain--that is awesome!
If they counted experience you'd definitely be certified--waay before now.
I understand the titles being a caregiver myself. Though I rarely write about it any more, the stress is difficult to deal with--and as my dr. pointed out yesterday is the culprit for many of my problems--so remember to take care of yourself too. I'm glad that you are going to a chiro. That should help with all the pain from lifting Max so often. Hang in there my friend.