Today I start my CNA training, to be Max's certified nursing assistant. It's a four week class, that once I'm state certified, I will be paid by the gov't to be Max's CNA. It will be good to get paid to do what I already do for him daily, and will help off-set his monthly expenses.
I'm not necessarily nervous for the class, I think more like I don't think I should have to take a class. ;) It's all good though, I'll get through it quickly and then have a skill I could use outside of caring for Max if I ever needed to.
There's only one test at the end of the course, and they say most people pass it. The pros outweigh the cons...but I'm trying to not get hyped up. I don't like school stuff, I haven't been in 10 years, and I just hope I can handle the info and then clinicals at the end of the course.
Max will be hanging with Daddy for the 4 weeks at night from 5-9. At least his potty issues are tamed waaaaaaay down now so I don't have to worry about that too!
My biggest fret right now over it all is dinner. I am cooking dinner now, to be done by 4:00, so I can eat a bite before I go to class. Because I hate eating late! And it will be nearly 10:00 before I get home and settled, and then it will be time to go to bed!
Did I say I wasn't nervous? Sheesh...this whole post sounds like a ball of nerves. I am confident in my ability to learn new things. I am confident in my ability to be around other people. I have just not been away from Max or my home for more than a couple of hours at a time in 5 years! It's all so new and strange!
Wish me luck! I know I'll be posting more throughout the month!
9 comments:
Hope it goes well!
Is it every week day for 4 weeks or once a week for 4 weeks?
www.samradford.org
Monday through Friday 5pm-9pm for 4 weeks. And 3 8 hour days of clinicals, from 6am to 2:00pm.
You will do great, Honey. You will probably be showing the instructors how to do things.
Wow Deana- Please let us know how it goes. Hopefully you will enjoy the time with adults and I am sure you will find the learning part easy. I can totally relate though- I haven't spent that much time away from my kids either.
Praying for you guys. What a month this will be! I look forward to your stories. I am sure things will come up where "by the book" and "reality" will differ tremendously.
This is good stuff, Deana.
And I'm sure you'll learn something new in the process...
And Daddy will take good care of Max for the 4 weeks you are away.
Thank God he has 4 weeks without travel so you can do this!
Praying for this different sort of month you are beginning.
You will do great! It will be over before you know it. Time flies when you are very busy you know. Max and Steve will be just fine. The time they spend together will be good for them. Best of luck and have fun being out.
You are going to be awesome. And the getting paid part is a great bonus!
You go girl and enjoy something totally different. I know what you mean about not getting away or out or doing something different. May this bring confidence and joy in showing you what a great job you have been doing and fine tune your abilities thus far. May the challenge of something new invigorate you.
Post a Comment