Sunday, April 12, 2009

All is quiet...

I feel like I have been away from all communication for ages! Thursday last week, my CNA class ended. In a couple of weeks, I will turn in my papers to the state to see when I will have my test date. Then I will have to perform 5 skills in 25 minutes to become certified.

Friday, I started work. I call in 6 times a day to check in and check out, 2 hours at a time. It's been interesting to be so mindful of the work I do every day. There is honestly nothing I've done in the past 3 days that isn't my usual routine, except calling in for work.

Friday was a busy day. I got up to call in, and Steve headed to the airport to get Abbey and my mom for the weekend. We had lunch, and mom stayed with Max while we took Abbey to the mini golf/go-kart place. Then Friday evening had dinner with our friend (Max's neurologist) who we haven't seen in several months.

Saturday was another day of eating then activity for Abbey. We were trying to do a few things we wanted to get done during Spring Break a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get to because I was in class. Abbey did the climbing wall at REI. She's like a mountain goat! Just shimmies right up the sides of the wall!

Today we had lunch with Ang, and Dan, and Addie before Steve had to take mom and Abbey back to the airport.

Now I'm sitting for the first time in 5 weeks. Not worrying about class...or laundry...or dishes. I just want to chill! I've got to make my catch up lists...to get to everything that has been put on the far back burner while doing the class. But for now I'll just chill!
Here are some pictures:

Abbey and Max snuggling...check out where his little fingers are...
DSC_0140.JPG

Us at the go-kart track
DSC_0137.JPG

Pretty Easter eggs...
DSC_0159.JPG

Max and Daddy went for a "ride" in the garage:
IMG_0065.JPG

She was just tall enough to drive one herself...she was super excited!
DSC_0131.JPG

I was just nauseous because of all the curvy turns!
DSC_0099.JPG

And absolute SHOCK when I made a hole in one...I really stunk out there...like nearly every hole just had to walk away after the 6th try!
DSC_0078.JPG

4 comments:

dmartin said...

Glad you had a great weekend, it's about time. We are so proud of your accomplishments! Next, maybe respite care?

Linda said...

Glad to see your class went well. I have missed reading updates about you and Max.

zingimaster said...

Good that your class ended, wish you the best for getting certified. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. I have certainly missed reading your updates. You look as beautiful as ever and your family is very beautiful too. Hugs to max, miss you friend!

lauren said...

congratulations on surviving your CNA class!! woo-hoo!!