Thursday, April 30, 2009

Topsy turvey

Yeah...I did it. I bought something I saw on an infomercial. We got them at HomeDepot though, instead of calling the number on the screen.


The Topsy Turvey Tomato Planter.
topsy turvery tomato planters

I wanted to plant my own tomatoes this year, but we don't really have a yard for a garden...as most of it is paved, and the rest is covered in cedar chips. I thought this was a great solution. I've moved them since taking this picture, because they weren't in full sun, like the little plastic thingy said they needed. I have Roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and strawberries growing! I'll let you know how they do, but I already have flowers on the cherry tomatoes, and two strawberries on the plant...they are green though.

5 comments:

ferfischer said...

I've seen these!

Let me know how they go!

stephen said...

yay! I'm excited to see how they work for you. I came pretty close to buying one a few weeks ago, but I really don't need the extra growing space.

may your harvest be plentiful.

Aisha said...

That is wonderful! I hope you have a great harvest :)

dmartin said...

You will have fun with these, keep us updated.

Mat and Kristin said...

I really want to see how your tomatoes turn out in these! I love infomercial products - we love our magic bullet!