I am loving the rain today. It started as a fine mist this morning, and is a steady downpour now! I'm hearing it will turn to snow...but maybe just maybe it will stay rain! I enjoy the sunny days we get too...all 300 of them in the year...but the rain completely restores my energy!
Today has been one of those days that it's been good I've had the calming rain to keep me from going through the phone at people! I called on Max's new talker...yeah...the same one that has been approved since NOVEMBER and we still haven't gotten yet. The vendor went round and round with me about how we need to pay the balance before they will purchase it because insurance only paid for so much, and Medicaid is waiting to see from them an invoice to pay the balance. The vendor won't send an invoice until they've bought it, which they won't do because they aren't assured that Medicaid will pay for it! Confused yet? Welcome to our lives! I hung up with them and called our Medicaid case-worker who gave us some numbers with customer service for CO Medicaid that can hopefully help us out. I feel like we're getting the run-around from the vendors, not wanting to flip the bill...but Medicaid APPROVED IT...they would pay the whole amount, but we have to use our primary insurance first, and they will only pay for half of it. The remainder is around $5,000. Right, let me just go pick that off of my money tree and mail it off to you! Good grief!
Then Max's formula came from the new company. And after talking to her yesterday and saying a total of 6 times, now remember, it has to be this specific Pediasure, and certain type of bags for his feedings...we open the box to the very ones I said NOT to send. They're in Illinois so I couldn't catch them before they left today. I'm sure I'll get a phone call in the morning for the UPS guy to come pick it up.
Our landlords called yesterday with a request to show the townhome tomorrow. Because we aren't going to purchase it, we've agreed to let them put it on Craigslist with the assurance that they will only show it to really serious buyers, who are approved for a loan. So good for them, I hope they sell it quickly. And we will be able to get into something that is all one level! I was going to have their cleaning lady come do the floors and bathrooms, but she had to cancel, so I just have to mop and vacuum the upstairs to be ready for tomorrow.
This morning I got a call from Max's neurologist asking me to help out a "new mom" with a little one that has a little girl who has the same kind of seizures Max has. She came over for a while this afternoon and got to visit with her. It's always so interesting to visit with parents just starting down this road we've been on for 5 plus years now. It makes you remember...makes you see how far you've come...and remember how scary it was. It also makes me so happy when our doctors call for help, or send a new parent our way. It makes me feel like we're a part of the process. That we're not just another file in the system. Our doctors are so great to remember The Watson's, the parents of Max...that might be able to help another parent on their journey.
Well, I think that's all for now. I need to figure out dinner, and get to my Cinderella work.
3 comments:
Deana you are such a special lady, we applaud you!
Dad & Mom
Just read this, thought of you.
http://www.redstate.com/jeff_emanuel/2009/04/17/who-should-have-the-final-say-about-your-medical-care-your-doctor-or-government-bureaucrats/
Thank God for your hearts which are open to those on the path you are on. Such scary territory, you are a friendly face, much welcome, I am sure.
I somehow missed that you will not be buying where you are now. Praying that things go quickly so that you may find the place you really want.
And how is the little man doing?
Post a Comment