Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A wild week...

Max really has been giving me a workout this week! He has decided he no longer needs to sit in any of his chairs...and can just up and get out of them whenever he feels like it. Today, that meant he hopped right out of his chair while I was doing dishes and scraped his face. I know if he was a typical rough and tumble 6 1/2 year old, we would have a lot more than a little scrape on him...but it scared me senseless! He could have really hurt himself, in just a moment!

We are hopefully getting his equipment guy out here in the next week to help with our new situation of not being able to keep him in one place without constantly having to readjust. He's a growing boy for sure! With the growing, that has also meant some seizures. Which usually come in the dead of sleep...so we're barely awake and functioning to address it. I got an appointment with his neurologist next month....but maybe sooner. They always put us down for one date and his doc will call and change it to another time closer that they couldn't see in his schedule.

Then there are the allergies. I had horrible allergies as a child. And Steve has horrible alleregies still...Max didn't really have a chance to avoid them. So, we had to call up the pediatrician today to ask about a different allergy medicine since the one he's been taking for a year has started to be less effective. We are hoping the new medicine will help with the extra junk he's been dealing with so hopefully the gagging on junk and throwing up will stop!

I am also working on the planning for our trip to the NIH in June. We have blood draws and forms to fill out and travel arrangements to make. I have been a busy bee!

Tomorrow I have a meeting in the morning for work. Then, I'm pretty sure we will be starting music therapy on Friday...I haven't heard back a definite on that.

But for now, I think I'll read or play a game on this iPad. It is such a curious gizmo!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

NIH? I'm sure I've seen the initials at some point--but without you being on xanga,I 'loose' a lot of info on what's going on with y'all.

Max is growing so fast.

Deana said...

NIH is National Institutes of Health, Max is in a study there for his metabolic disorder.

And he sure is growing fast!!!

Thia said...

Hope the equipment guy gets there this week!

Lauren said...

Ooo, so excited for music therapy! I can't wait to hear about it as get it going!