With two children who want undivided attention.
In a city I don't know...without a soul to help!
Yeah...should be fun!
It was kind of toasty today...got up to nearly 90. Abbey was lamenting the fact that we no longer had a pool in the neighborhood to go to. In fact, she lamented the fact for about 2 hours until I got online to see if Target (the onlt store besides Safeway I know how to get to) had any that would fit in our tiny space in the back.
I found a couple, and put Max's seat in the car, and loaded up the kids and off we went to Target. I was proud of myself for getting there on my memory. But I had the GPS for back-up just in case. We got there and wandered around for a bit. We found the only wading pool that would fit in our 55" back-yard space. It's for babies, but she insisted it was JUST WHAT SHE WANTS!!!!
I got the pool, and then over to Michael's for some summer arts and crafts. We left with paint by numbers-a-plenty, a craft for Daddy's Father's day gift, a body art kit, and a crystal growing kit. Maybe those will keep her attention for the rest of the week. How did we ever survive summertime as kids!?. It is seriously like every waking moment has to be encouraged to do something or she spins in circles with boredom!
I drove us back home and out she went with her pool! After I fed Max, I went out to check on her...and this was what I found...


She was out there for about an hour watching a movie on her playstation, eating a chocolate bar(which will not happen again! HYYYYPER!), sipping her cold water. What a life!
After she finished out there, she went straight to work on each of us to give us a tattoo from her kit. Yes, even Max got one!

It is pretty cute!

Now we're watching Annie. It was on sale at Target, and I don't remember watching it since I was a little girl, so I got it for us to watch. She is loving it!!! Max is loving the singing!
If I don't come up for air for a few days, you'll know I'm just paddling to keep my head above the water!
11 comments:
Good Luck on keeping those two occupied! It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it though. I'm hoping you send some of that warm weather here for the wedding. It is 47 today! They say it will warm up this weekend though. I've got my fingers crossed.
Oh, Annie... When we lived in Texas, I used to make my friends play "orphan" with me. We were basically living in Annie's world, but without using her friends' names. I came up with names like "Licorice" and "Sunflower" and "Candy Cane."
...I was kind-of a weird kid...
don't worry, Lorraine. .. . me and my friends played Annie too. Except for only my friend Vanessa ever got to be Annie. She had the costume from a dance recital, and was kind of bossy, and it was her house :)
i love that picture of abbey lounging in the pool. Remember how we used to buy those little baby pools every summer. . . or at least I would, with my saved up allowance.
And as far as how did we do it when we were kids. . . we had brothers, sister, and cousins on hand, plus we had moms and aunts who would lock us outside in the 100 degree heat and tell us to entertain ourselves!
Good luck.
I'm pretty sure that I spent my summers inside our house. My parents were gone all the time and too paranoid to let us go outside. I think that I tried to make jelly one time and got this great idea to stand outside of my house and yell "plum jelly for sale." If my parents knew that I ever did that, they would probably would have put iron bars on the doors so I could never get out! Looks like you've got a great creative gene. Wish I was there to be artsy with you!
We were champs of making stuff up when we were kids. we don't watch a lot of tv here, so she doesn't either. Much to her chagrin... I used chagrin in a comment!
Being hot, I can't get Max out an about as much. It takes twice as much effort to keep him hydrated in the heat! So the ghetto pool will have to work.
And it doesn't help that we had a little break-down the other day with her saying she wishes we were still in Colorado...because we had friends there and Aunty Angie was there. I think I agree with her! :(
Oh...and I don't remember playing Annie...I tended to play Mrs. Hannigan. Raaaaakakakakakaaaaa!
Chi, where in the world would you have come up with the idea to make plum jelly?! Did it taste any good?
Kristin...I'll send it ALL your way! I am no fan of the hot. But hot or cold it will be a beautiful day for you!
Hey! I might resemble that remark about locking kids out in 100 degree weather.
Looks like you have a good start on this week.
What's in store for next week?
great photo, ah to be young again...
i'm pretty sure plum jelly was born from seeing some plums in the house. i don't even know what was in it. i'm sure it tasted terrible. i didn't even have the consistency of jelly:) p.s. i took your advice. i'll let you know the outcome after my interview.
how is your week going?
Post a Comment