Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer-time blogging...

Steve is out of town again. We were going to join him this time, but the only hotel room he could find wasn't big enough for all of us to fit comfortably all day while he worked. So we're here holding down the fort for another day until he comes back.

Abbey has been a ball of energy today. I've asked if she wanted to go outside and play, or play the Wii Fit, or run up and down the stairs, ANYTHING, but no she doesn't want to. So it's been a day full of, "You need to CALM DOWN!". She sang through dinner...until I told her to stop singing and eat...then she started humming...until I told her to stop and eat...then she started drumming on the table...until I told her to stop and eat. Then she asks if I just want her to be quiet...YES!! I told her it wasn't because I was being mean, it was because it is bad manners to sing and hum and pound on the table.

Max was also a live-wire today, very talkative, but also very strong. He kicked me while throwing a big fit this afternoon. He kicked me right in the gut, I seriously had to collect myself because I thought I was going to throw up! Ugh...he's only going to get bigger, isn't he?

I've been wanting to play Wii Fit this evening, but one of the shows Abbey likes is on tonight, the Celebrity Circus. It's ridiculous really, but she thinks it is SOOO COOL that one of the former Brady Bunch stars is on there. That, and someone really likes to coach unsolicited Wii Fit advice while I'm playing. Maybe tomorrow.

I guess that's all I've got tonight. I wish I had something more exciting to write about on here. I guess it's just like summertime tv...only some-what entertaining! HaHa!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I thought that was a thoroughly entertaining post!!

www.samradford.org

Anonymous said...

I'll play that wii fit for you... i love the humming bit...

i'm still at the stage where I love every sound my daughter makes... although I could've sworn I heard her calling me names the other day

Chi said...

i'd play wii fit with you too! i am currently in houston and it is SO HOT! hope Abbey and Max simmer down a little bit:)