
Look at those lips! SMOOOOCH!
She likes her fingers!

They took her home today, and Ang said she's acting like she wants to eat all of the time! Wearing her Mama out!
Max is doing good today, he's only had pain medicine once this morning, and then just some regular tylenol a while ago. He has yet to eat, because of him being under way too many departments in this hospital...no one knows who's dietician should make the decision. We finally just called our pediatrician and asked for their nutritionist, and had someone up here within an hour. She is writing the orders to feed him how he ate by mouth, and then come back and see her in a couple of weeks to increase intake. Now we will try with cups, or bottle, then if he doesn't want to take it, put it in the tube.
He's not as friendly today, he plays possum when any doctors walk in today. As soon as they leave he peps right up! I don't think I blame him!
I am doing alright. I'm tired, and always have to be "on" up here in case all of the new people miss something, or don't know who to contact. I'm hoping we can go home tomorrow, but it will all depend on when he eats. He's hungry and has just had a little yogurt today, because I was tired of waiting for the dietician! He hasn't eaten since Monday night. He has been on an IV drip, so I guess they're not so worried...but he will need to eat soon. He's had all of his meds on empty stomach.
Later this evening, the nutrition supply company is coming by to give us a feeding pump, that we will use at a later time to feed him over night, or at a slower pace if his tummy is upset. So I'll get to learn how to use that. And the nurses will show me some more about the tube itself. Then tomorrow morning we have a class to teach us more about it. I guess we will be pro by the time we leave!
Here's a picture my mom took of me and Max the other day while we were waiting for Miss Adeline...
No comments:
Post a Comment