Good! Productive!
We went this afternoon to Children's for a couple of appointments for Max. We first saw the nurse with the G-Tube Clinic. She brought a little baby doll with a g-tube like Max will get to show us all about it. It really is made of the same material as a beach ball valve. I'll take pictures once Max gets his to show you all what I mean. It is a lot less intimidating to me after seeing it today though...of course...that could all change after seeing it stick out of my boy's belly!
After that short appointment, we met with his new pediatrician. We chose a pediatrician who was in the Special Care Clinic at Children's. This is a clinic that is focused solely on children with multiple special medical needs. They have a full staff that deals with a wide range of diagnosis. As the doctor today put it, Max won't intimidate any of them with his diagnosis. He also had a couple of vaccines to get caught up on...which he laughed through. Who is this kid!?
The pediatrician will definitely be on our side as far as advocating and facilitating coming together between all of the doctors. She also has a Masters in Public Health, and has contacts in with the medicaid dept. and said she would work on getting Max reinstated. Yowza! She also noted that we should consider a couple of other counties to buy in besides the one we were in, and are in now. It is a good one, but when it comes to school disctricts ranks a little lower for special needs. We've not had a doctor yet aware of the different school districts. I think we'l hit the jack-pot with this one!
Once we got home we started watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. Of course I LOVED it! I would truly like to have a dvd copy of it, it was just so spectacular to me. And the little boy at the end? Oh man...can I have him please!!!??
It's midnight now, doesn't look like Ang will have Baby on 08/08/08...which is okay. Mom doesn't get here until Sunday...so maybe baby will come then!
2 comments:
The opening ceremony was great. I think though that all of England is now thinking, 'pants, how are we going to top that in 2012'!
Max's pediatrician sounds like a dream come true! I wish there were more doctors like that!
Post a Comment