Monday, August 4, 2008

A few more pics...

It was nearly impossible for me to get to sleep last night...which made for an AWESOME morning...

I'm a bit behind in what I wanted to get done, so this will be much shorter than I planned!

Last night I had a taste for "Foreign Familiar" for dinner. We went with Nando's Chicken and a great salad that looks like the Italian Flag!
We ate Nando's while in England...and it could be my favorite restaurant in London. I say could be, because I haven't tried all of the places I really want yet....but so far...Nando's is my favorite. Thing is...I got hooked while we were there...and the only one in the states is planned for Wash. D.C.. They do sell the sauces at Cost Plus World Market. Which is where I picked up mine!

These little chickens were bathing in the lovely sauce for a few hours before I grilled them up...and then ate them with a big smile on my face remembering much colder wetter days!

IMG_9305.JPG
(Pay no attention to the glass with the brown bubbly in it...everyone has their vices! Mine happens to be the occasional Dr. Pepper!)

The salad is also a restaurant mock-up. It's from Panera Bread . They only make this salad in the summer time...but it was really a lot cheaper to make at home...and I have leftovers for lunch!

IMG_9302.JPG

It's so easy too! It's just tomatoes, FRESH mozzarella, FRESH basil, and a red onion. Toss them together in a bowl. Place chunks of focaccia bread on bottom of serving bowl, layer salad on top, then cover with your favorite Balsamic dressing on top...it is SOOO GOOOOOD!!!

After dinner we played some games with Ang and Dan...and Max took a little walk about in his rock climbing harness!


If you've been wondering how tall the boy is these days...here's a little glimpse.
IMG_9312.JPG

Here he is sitting up by himself...just leaning on steve's legs.
IMG_9316.JPG

Here he is walking with Uncle Dan.
IMG_9322.JPG

Here he is swinging with Daddy!
IMG_9332.JPG

Just WHAT are you looking at??? What you've never seen a kid sitting up like this before? Oh not me? Well...this is how I want to sit now!
IMG_9326.JPG

It's soooo exciting to be BIG!!!
IMG_9328.JPG

Okay...that's all for now folks! Hope you enjoyed the pictures...there are more of Max flying around on the flickr page...just click over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow focaccia bread, nice work!

Deana said...

lon...i didn't make the bread! i just bought it at the bakery and cut it up! truth be told, i've only made bread once in my life...in 4th grade with my whole class, and then i think the lunch ladies did most of the work!

it's something i would like to make though!