Today we went downtown to get a look at all of the hub-bub with the Democratic National Convention, which starts tomorrow.

Here are some pictures from our day!
There were lots of protestors out...not sure what point these lot were trying to make...pink and peace I guess...not very convincing.

We had lunch, where I believe we were the only locals withOUT a DNC badge on eating. I thought one poor gal was going to spill salsa down the front of her shirt for staring at Max so hard while he was eating. I asked Steve if he thought I should pull his feeding tube out and feed him that way instead and give her a real show.
After lunch, we walked over to the performing arts center to the GreenFrontierFest. It was basically local orgs and companies giving ideas for living greener lives. But, it was hotter than hot. So we didn't stick around long, since Max was the only one not getting a breeze from the hand operated fans being handed out. I did get a few shots from the park though.
The dancing people...

I'd like to come back on a really stormy day and get some more shots of these friends dancing!
This is a blade from a big windmill. It was so long! And people were laying under it because that was the only shaded area on the park! I look more than happy to be standing there in the hot, but in my defense, I didn't know I was in the picture!

We walked back to the car and started driving, but not before seeing the police presence step up because there were more protests happening. It seems a bit excessive, but then again...I've seen the riots in this city after a sporting event!

I'll leave you with one more DNC08 photo from today. My one and only "star sighting", even though Steve kept telling me all day I had just missed seeing such stars as Samuel Jackson, and Jack Nicholson. ;)
We were heading out of downtown and I was trying to get a picture of the area cars have to drive into to get checked before being allowed by the convention center. That's when I saw this guy...

What...you can't see him? Look closer...

Still don't know?

It's ABC White House Correspondence George Stephanopoulos. I know...how much of a geek am I? I was pretty proud of myself for seeing a news celebrity.
I think I'll have to get down by the mall to see the likes of Sheryl Crow though. She was hob-nobbing down there tonight. Maybe I'll run into Oprah at WholeFoods. ;)
Well, for all you republicans barfing up your breakfast, here are some Max pictures to cleanse your palate.
Here he is sleeping at the park yesterday while I fed him his medicine...

And here we are today, at the same park...doing the same thing...only today, he ventured off of his blanket to find the grass...just like he were at the beach!

I love being back by this particular park. Washington Park. I could literally lay down a blanket there in the morning and not leave until the sun went down! I'm glad to be back to it!
2 comments:
I think the next time someone stares at you and Max, you SHOULD just start feeding him. That makes me so sad.
yeah...just depends on how much we feel from day to day about educating stupid people. ;)
Post a Comment