Tomorrow is a FULL day!
I take Max to the doctor down at the hospital for a weight check and a follow-up with the nutritionist. I sure hope this last change to his diet was enough...he's getting so big!
I'm also going to see if they'll check his gtube button to see if it needs changing yet. It's been three months, and I sure don't want to be the one to change it! It is held in place by a little balloon on the inside of his stomach that is filled with water. And there is a lot more give now...so I don't want it to be evaporating...but you'd better believe I don't want to be the one to check it the first time either!
After we leave there, I'll bring him back up for his occupational therapy. Then we'll take a little break before we have dinner tomorrow night with a couple of families that Max's pediatrician wants us to get to know. Young families with small children with rare diseases, who all have a desire to help others like us. Make the road a little easier for those who come after us.
And then, Steve comes home from California. And then, hopefully I will SLEEP! :)
Today I spoke with the company who will hire me as Max's CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant). I will have to go through a 4 week course, 4 hours a night, take a test and then I can work 3-6 hours daily, and get paid. I don't know what I will have to do in those 3-6 hours daily. I guess just his regular care. But it has to be "CNA skills: rather than "Mommy skills". I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut on that one. How many Mommies are still diapering and carrying around their 5 year olds? Seriously, some people just don't think before they speak. Mommy skills...
I'm sure I'll learn more, and see if it is a good fit for us.
I guess I'd better get to bed. Try to sleep anyway!
3 comments:
Mommy skills vs cna skills? PUHLEASE. You probably spend, right now, more than 6 hours a day doing things that I don't have to do, special things that Max needs. And I would certainly hope that any cna coming in would incorporate a few mommy skills b/c all kids need that touch! I better stop there...
I know you will be a great inspiration to the young families. what a wealth of knowledge, experience, and expertise you have.
Good for you, get paid for what you do in love anyway. That is a great program.
That is awesome Deana! Instead of leaving the house to do that for someone else, you can take care of Max. I look forward to hearing how you've revamped their entire CNA program when you're done!
Post a Comment