Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh Dear...

At our last doctor appointment, the nutritionist changed Max's formula to a higher concentration for the amount he takes in.

It's been a pain to change to this new formula. It is thicker, so it won't move through the feeding tube through gravity. So I have been pushing it through with a syringe. Four full syringes, while holding him, a great big pain.

It's also been a pain to get him up to the amount daily. It's like switching from skim milk to heavy cream. His tummy doesn't want to take it all in, but today we got there.

And when he's sitting in my lap, you can see his little belly hanging over his diaper. He's a regular Pooh Bear tonight. Oh Dear. I think he feels pretty miserable, but we have to get him up to the amount. We'll see how the evening goes, and if we can get him up to it tomorrow too.

I'll take him to the doctor on Wednesday, and hopefully he's gained weight. And then I'll roll him every where.

Who would have ever thought I would think of him like little pooh bear?!

3 comments:

dmartin said...

What a precious thought! I love Pooh Bear. You are such an amazing mother Deana.

Danetta said...

Oh Dear indeed. Max the Pooh.

Thia said...

Hope the drs appt goes well!