Man, is it quiet in my house right now! Max is resting, and we're on our computers just about to head up for bed! This no tv thing is b-o-r-i-n-g! Probably better for me though!
Max did really well in therapy today. We spent a lot of effort telling him what we were doing before he did it, just so he wasn't surprised. And I think it helped a lot.
After therapy, I tried to clean up a bit around the house...already having to clean! tee hee! I'm unpacked enough that I'm making messes now! I'll try to get more done tomorrow. Mostly things that don't have a place yet!
I haven't seen Mortimer the Mouse yet...but I think I heard him last night. But I cleaned up all the droppings, and we'll see if there are any little "presents". I don't guess I have blogged on this yet. Just put it on my updates to the left of the page. There was a mouse in the backyard, and now I've been finding droppings in the pantry, and Olive's food bag has a little hole in it. We got a fancy trap that I hope works! Creepy creepy gross!
I just have a few more things to get at the store for Thanksgiving. I'm making my Aunt Nancy's pineapple dressing...mmmmmm! I think I'll cut back on the sugar though, last year I thought it was too sweet. And I need to get the pumpkin pie. I'm making ham, and stuffing, and sweet potatoes, and a green vegetable(maybe asparagus), and cranberry sauce, and chocolate mousse pie and pumpkin pie, and aunt nancy's pineapple stuffing! mmmmmm!!!!!!!! Sounds like a lot, but I'm doing half recipes on most everything since there are so few of us. So we'll get a taste of everything! I'm actually having my friends at Costco do the stuffing and sweet potatoes...it was cheaper to buy their already made just heat up versions than the ingredients since we're starting over from scratch with our pantry. Maybe by Christmas I'll have it all stocked up to make it all by hand.
We're not having Thanksgiving until dinner, so we're going to look for something to do during the day. The zoo is open, so we might go do that if the weather is not bad! We can go early and still be back in time to cook the ham!
Well, it's nearly 10:00 so I can go to bed without feeling like I've gone too early! I'm hoping to get some pictures of our place this weekend. We'll see if I actually get it done!
6 comments:
How come no tv?
www.samradford.org
You mention telling Max what you're doing before you do it. Thanks for that reminder. I used to do that with my first when she was young and I think I've forgotten to do that with my son.
As for "cheating" and ordering some of the dinner...the stuffing here is Stove Top. For a couple of years we made our own from scratch. When we realized it tasted much like ST, we said, "what are we doing?" Now we just buy the box.
Deana: Sounds delicious! I've not heard of the pineapple dressing, I'd love to see the recipe.
We have dealt with Mortimers too, both in the house and basement. Yours must be a city mouse, ours comes frequently from our woods. The traps really work! Where is Olive when you need her?
sam, we have our tv, just don't want to hook it up to cable because of the monthly expense. we watch all of the shows we want to now online the next day, or on hulu.com, or through our netflix we can watch movies and tv shows. it's just weird to know in my head a show is on and i'm missing it!!
thia, i LOVE my grandma's stuffing recipe. but with all the ingredients needed to be bought, it was cheaper for us to do the store bought from costco. i've never had any that tasted as good as my grandma's recipe!
mom, i think he's a displaced country mouse. he must have lived in the field behind our garage and made his way in as we were moving! i'll make the pineapple dressing for christmas. we can make it with gluten free bread! it's just eggs, bread, crushed pineapple and sugar, mixed together and baked. it is sooo tasty with ham!
pineapple dressing? are you going to post the recipe?
V.
http://www.repurposed.wordpress.com
It's a loaf of white bread crust off cut into cubes, 4 eggs, a stick of butter(1/2 cup)melted,one cup of sugar, one tablespoon of vanilla, and a 20oz can of crushed pineapples drained.
Mix all ingredients and put in a greased shallow baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
I halved the recipe and put it in a pie dish and I'll bake it tomorrow. I also used less sugar than called for, and use King's Hawaiian bread instead of white bread. It's the best with ham!
Post a Comment