Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Here I am...

Last night, when we still didn't have internet, I wrote up a long informative blog about our move...

Then once we got the internet hooked up...poof! It disappeared!

Oh well, because I'm tired, you get the condensed version. We are all moved in, barring a few more boxes of odds and ends still at our friends' house. But we've got our beds set up, laundry nearly caught up, and the kitchen is totally put away...well accept for my wok from China Town...which I can not find! Abbey must have packed it! That's been a common blame game these past couple of days...we're finding things she packed in the strangest of places! We found all of the hardware to put our bed back together in Max's red wagon!

Since we got our washer and dryer on Monday, I've been doing non-stop laundry with all of the quilts and towels we used to pack. I am running the last load through the dryer right now.

Max has been sleeping in his own room since we moved in too. He's done alright, with us only having to get up a few times each in the night. One night he thought he'd get right out of bed and head for the closet. Maybe we'll wait to set up his bed and just leave his mattress on the floor! We do have his computer set up playing his opera all night...something he's more than excited about. And something I'm more than excited that I don't have to listen to all night in my room!


This evening as I was doing the dinner dishes, I thought "I am home!". Not because I was doing dishes, or that I was in my kitchen, but because I was rinsing my turmeric stained white dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. I have been weary of cooking with turmeric in other people's kitchens because I inevitably get it all over the place, and it stains like crazy! I've enjoyed cooking every night since we've moved in too.

So there's your condensed version...I'm tired and another full day tomorrow of unpacking and therapy for Max. Plus phone calls...and emails to catch up on! Oh...and I need to make my Turkey Day list too!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're all moved in. Looking forward to some pics!

www.samradford.org

Thia said...

Beautiful! It is truely lovely to be home!
Your wok is probably with my coffee carafe.

dmartin said...

Finally, I know it feels better, more restful. We are so thankful with you for "home", and
are excited to visit next month.

debbiearnn said...

glad to see you are getting settled in. can't wait to "see" the new place!

Aisha said...

glad that you moved in all right! i have the same problem with turmeric...there is a stain on my kitchen counter as we speak :)

Nancy said...

I am glad that you are all moved in. I know it has to feel good. I to am anxious to see some pics. Know that you all will be missed on Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

There's no place like home :))