Monday, November 3, 2008

Birthday Weekend Update...

Max's birthday was quite a day. He was extremely tired throughout the day. In fact, he slept most of it. Waking only for phone calls...I think because there was singing involved!

DSC_0006.JPG

He got calls from Syracuse Opera, in New York, and Los Angeles Opera, both friends he met from Opera Colorado. They sang to him and he LOVED it. We missed a call from another friend at San Francisco Opera, but have it on voicemail and have played it back for him.

Meanwhile, Steve and Abbey dressed up in their daytime costumes...
Abbey was dressed in her beautiful dress that Vijay gave her from India. And Steve...well...I don't exactly know what to call this.
DSC_0010.JPG

And Abbey got to work on her Jack-O-Lantern before she changed into her evening costume. Her hair is all curly for her costume...I have been doing her hair like this for years!
DSC_0016.JPG

Here are Hermione Granger and Max the Dragon:
DSC_0024.JPG

We all had a fun night, trick-or-treating and sharing a meal together. Max slept through it all, until it was time for birthday brownies, and more singing.
DSC_0041.JPG

And presents! A crazy singing Monster from Auntie Angie and Uncle Dan...
DSC_0056.JPG

And a family membership to the zoo from our friends The Clark's!
DSC_0063.JPG

It was a log day, but a good one. I was so glad to have everyone with us to celebrate. Especially my mom and Abbey.

On Saturday we went to lunch, and the park with Ang, Mom, and Adeline. What a gorgeous day it was! It was so warm, and with all of the fall leaves made a perfect setting for more pictures!

DSC_0077.JPG


Steve and Abbey rented a bike and we stayed back while they rode it around the park.
DSC_0049.JPG

Adeline found a great spot to hang out...
DSC_0001.JPG

And Max and Adeline played with one of Max's new monsters...
DSC_0020.JPG

The little ones got tired so we let them snooze before heading back to our new house to let everyone see it.

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

After we saw the house, Max stayed with Aunty Angie and Nonni while we had dinner out with Abbey. It was a really great evening with her. She kept saying over and over how she didn't want the night to end.

Well, there you go. Lots of pictures huh?! But I promised!

3 comments:

Leanne Stewart said...

Steve's costume reminds me of the Captain in Captain and Tenille.

:D

You are soooo pretty, Max is sooooo long and Abbey is growing up sooooo fast!

It looked like one very special day.

Glad you had it.

Thia said...

Excellent! Looks like a lot of fun. Those phone calls are awsome! Syracuse huh? I live an hour away and didn't know they had an opera.
How is this for strange? I was looking down at the word verification thing and I thought it said Haggis. No, it says hogicas. Maybe I need another cup of coffee.

Unknown said...

yes --- wonderful pix!
the kids are all so adorable ... but, actually, my fave is the one w/ you in your pigtails - very cute!

it sounds like you were really able to make every moment count - and i'm so glad Abbey got to be there with you. good times ....