Saturday, November 22, 2008

Too late for titles...

Whoah Nelly it's late! I took a really long bath tonight...one where the water goes all tepid and you have two choices, get out and freeze, or drain part of the tub and fill it back up with hot water. I chose the latter and read another two chapters in my book!

When I got out everyone was asleep...even Olive who had taken up residence on my side of the bed and refused to move! So here I sit in Max's room until I am ready to kick Olive out of bed and go to sleep.

I've had a busy week. Made plenty of phone calls for Max, that only have equated to more questions, and more phone calls or emails. Therapy was a bit hard on Tuesday, he's having difficulties in wanting to do physical therapy. Who can blame him!? We are looking into having some therapy done at home in addition to his therapy at the clinic. Thursday he had a metabolic appointment. They hadn't seen him in 6 months, so it was a surprise how big he was! He has gained another 2.5 pounds since last week. He's now 10 pounds heavier than he was before the g-tube surgery. This weight gain has been our best guess as to why he's having such a hard time in therapy. He's trying to figure out "where" his body is. And how to use it. He's just all over the place with little control. I hope we can get a handle on it, because it is causing me frustration and I leave therapy feeling pretty defeated.

Well, enough of that rant. Onto other things. The house is coming along. Laundry is still running. Our clothes (the ones that stayed packed these past 4 months) had a special California Wild Fire aroma to them, so they've all been washed and put away. And I've tried to unpack at least one thing a day. Yesterday I found all of my winter hats and scarves!!! Still have not found my wok! What if I need it for Thanksgiving!? Stir-fried turkey anyone?

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I think I've just about got my menu figured out. We're not having dinner until DINNER time so I don't want it to be heavy...but I also want it to be nice. So I'll finalize it this weekend and do my shopping. Maybe we'll have turkey sandwiches for lunch, then a warm meal for dinner. Now there's a plan!

I guess since it's 1:00am I should attempt sleep. Sometimes I wish I could just be awake all night and play online, or go shopping, or go for a walk...then do normal life things during the day when everyone's awake.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

debbiearnn said...

glad you got some ME time.
I, too, wish I could stay up all night and do fun stuff and do the normal stuff during the day. Too bad our bodies aren't made to run 24 hours a day.

I hope Max gets stronger with each pound he gains. What do they want him to weigh? Any word on schools yet?

Anonymous said...

I forgo my sleep for the 'me' time.
we are in state of utter confusion regarding our move to India next year, if we should or shouldnt with current economic situation, job market being horrible in India .. and all of that..and these days i cant sleep at all! :( :( :(

Deana said...

Must be a mommy thing! I would so much rather stay up late than wake up early to get in my "me" time!

I don't think they have a number for him to get to. They want him to have enough reserve weight should he get sick this winter. And he is still growing quote steadily with his height, so even though he's gaining in weight, he's not catching up to his height. We'll look into schools come Spring. He isn't the right age for kindergarten until next school year anyway.

Vijay, I'm sorry there is confusion now about the move. Look on the bright side, you will have Steve there visiting in December for over a week to take your mind off of decision making!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear Max gained some weight.
Hope you got some rest.

Anonymous said...

Hope you got to sleep in a bit. I can not stay up late by 11:00 I just have to be in my bed. Unfortunately I am not really a fan of waking up early either. I need my sleep! Sorry to hear that therapy has been difficult lately. Seems like it would be easier for you to do some at home. Does he use a lot of special equiptment at therapy? Does he get services through your school systems at all?

Linda