Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life at 1:30am...

Before Max, I worked in a tall office building downtown. I worked with a lovely lady named Bea. Bea would often tell me how she had been up until 2:00am the night before folding laundry. Being the young know it all I was, I would ask her why not just do it in between dinner, or before bed. There had to be plenty of time in her day to fit in a couple loads of laundry.

I have thought of Bea and her laundry dilemma many times in the past 5 years. How foolish I was. You see, I had no idea. How could I before having a child...and not just any child...my child.

My child, who likes to wait until I am nearly asleep, after folding 2-3 loads of my own laundry that finally gets done once he's in bed, this is when he wakes and decides to vomit, or pee, or poop all over his bedding. In fact, last night it was vomit, which got thrown to the side to wash later, and tonight it was pee. Not one time, nor two, but three times did the child pee on himself, his bedding and me, while I was trying to put one of the ridiculous pull-up diapers on him. He was quite satisfied with his water-works show and giggled with excitement at his new found game. I on the other hand was anything but happy. I cleaned him up THREE times and finally got him dressed and picked him up to move him and he was stone cold OUT! And since both of his sheets were dirtied, I moved him and all of his 40 pounds of sound sleep onto my bed.

So now he is in our bed, fast asleep on his Daddy's pillow, while I, at 1:30am started another load of laundry. Clean myself off, and write a little blog, about the life of a mommy at 1:30am...doing laundry.

1 comment:

Thia said...

Hugs and sweet dreams.