Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring...Is that you???

Today was a gorgeous day. I was lazing about in bed this morning...trying to shake off the awful nights' sleep hanging precariously off of Max's bed to keep him satisfied, when Steve came in and said, you have to get up...it's so nice out!

So we got up and around, packed the car as if we were heading to the beach, and found our land beach instead. Washington Park is our favorite spot in town for people watching, and picnics and just being outside.

Here are our pictures from the day. We spend almost 3 and 1/2 hours out...and we all got a little sun. I need to remember the tent next time for Max! I think he got a little pink today. Of course, he'll be tan like his Daddy in the morning. I, however, only freckle!

Here's Max soaking up the sun while we ate our picnic...
DSC_0053.JPG

Here's Max doing what Max does when he's outside...
DSC_0049.JPG
(He had himself quite a pile of dirt and dead grass at the end of it!)

And here I am doing what I do when I'm outside...
DSC_0054.JPG
(And I don't want to hear anything about my super white skin!)

And here's Olive doing what she does...keeping an eye out for the bravest squirrels in all of Denver...
DSC_0057.JPG

Self-Portrait...
DSC_0060.JPG

On our walk around the park after eating, I stopped to see a weeping willow...crying on his pillow...maybe he's crying for me...
DSC_0063.JPG

I kid..I kid. But every time I see a weeping willow I sing that song.

See...PROOF Spring is coming...
DSC_0064.JPG

Good day! Now I need to go to sleep, because when I wake up, Miss Abigail will be here! Spring Break...more proof that Spring is here!

4 comments:

Thia said...

Thanks for sharing your day. It's helpful. See, I realized yesterday that I don't feel done with winter hibernation. So I've been trying to talk myself into spring.

Danetta said...

Lovely day! Max looked like he was very content. Have fun with the Ladybug.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day.

And wow your legs are white!!!

(I'll be very surprised if this makes it through the "moderation" process)

Leanne Stewart said...

Happy Anniversary!