It was such a beautiful day on Saturday! Here's a view of the Orsey from across the river.

I loved these locks along a bridge crossing the Seine...they had couples names on them...and presumably the keys lay in the river below...

We took a stroll through a park, on our way to the Champs-Élysées.


We strolled along the great avenue, and popped in and out of shops along the way. It was lined with big name shops...very fancy stores...and places like GAP. We did find a cafe to stop and have lunch...a very French lunch...

Our waiter at this cafe either really wanted to use his English speaking skills...or really hated our French speaking skills. He insisted on speaking only in English! We had fun people watching here too!
After lunch, we ran out into the middle of the road to get this shot...
We're dare-devils...actually there was a place to stand to take the photo. ;)

That's where we were headed next. The Arc de Triomphe! I believe this will go down as the most insanely exhausting monument I have ever visited! We started up the stairs and it was a steady climb up the spiral...all 234 of steps. We stopped about halfway through to catch our breath and let the over-excited teens behind us go ahead. My heart was beating so so fast! This was quite a work-out. And also the place I believe I may have hurt my feet and ankles the most.
But...honestly and truly...the view was worth it.


This is the view of the Champs-Élysées that we had just walked...

Kris got a good photo of me with the Eiffel tower in the background...check out the scarf Aunt Nancy!
After we looked around, we remembered that what goes up...must also come down...so down we went all 243 steps. I got dizzy and woozey going down those spiral steps...because I looked at my feet the whole time! Steve says I should have ridden the banister down. This is why they won't let Steve into France.
2 comments:
loving your pictures of your trip. we went up the arc as a family in the summer of 2008 - one of my absolute favorite memories!
These pictures are beautiful! Wish I were there :)
Post a Comment