Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sunday in Paris...

If you ever find yourself in Paris on a Sunday, be prepared to go to only one are of the city to find anything open. The Jewish Quarter, le Marais. I have to say, of all the areas we visited...this was my favorite. We wound ourselves up and down all the little streets. Into funky little shops. Through an amazing courtyard. This was the Paris I could imagine living in.

It was cold and a bit drizzly that day, so I didn't take a lot of photos. But here are a few.

The streets of Marais...
IMG_1248

I saw this outside a building and had to snap a photo for my guys...this is Max's favorite kind of motorcycle...because it roars!
IMG_1250

We liked this cool sculpture outside the Jewish Deli...
IMG_1251

Our lunch...it was an experience all in itself. It seems we were putting the waiter out of his way with everything we requested. Ah well...the food was good...
IMG_1253

We did some shopping, and window shopping too! It was a great area! Then we made our way back to our hotel to drop of our spoils and to make our way to the train to catch a ride to Kris's former foreign exchange student, Aurelie, and her whole family!

It was such a great time! I got a peek into a French family's life...a walk through the forest...a traditional dinner of raclette...and a surprise birthday cake! Aurelie and her whole family were wonderful hosts, and it will be a special memory from this trip!

We spent most of the afternoon and evening with Aurelie and her family, then she brought us back into Paris that night. We saw the Eiffel tower flashing as we were driving in, and when we got back towards our hotel, walked over to see if we might catch the light show again. But, we realized it was only going to do it on the hour...and we were cold...at least I was cold...so we headed back to the hotel.

But not before getting this photo...
Eiffel at night

Not a bad way to end a great Sunday in Paris.

No comments: