Monday, March 8, 2010

Musee d'Orsey

I've been working to get over this head cold for the past week... and weekend. I think I'm nearly over it. I need to get through this post, because it's likely the longest one in the series!

This was Saturday morning in Paris. We got up and had a nice Parisian breakfast...
IMG_1078

We then took the metro to the Orsey Museum. It had rained the night before, but the sun was out and it was a gorgeous morning!

This guy greeted us at the museum...
IMG_1080

We walked in, and I immediately loved it! I will say this, my camera battery nearly died in this museum because I took so many photos. And I will only post SOME of my favorites here. You can look at the rest on flickr if you care.

IMG_1213

We started through the museum and this was my first impression...ha ha get it? Impression...impressionist museum. Oh I crack myself up. Anywhoooo...on to the art...

IMG_1090

IMG_1093

I thought this was lovely and weird all at once...
IMG_1102

Oh so pretty!!
IMG_1123

She just set up and was totally ignoring the crowds around her!
IMG_1219

Kris being silly...
IMG_1217

IMG_1225

This lovely lady reminded me of Angie...so I took a photo. And when I showed her, she said..."she looks like me!".
IMG_1088

IMG_1097

She is one of the most beautiful pieces of art I've ever seen. I wished she wasn't in a glass box...I would have loved to touch her skirt.
IMG_1121

IMG_1119

IMG_1122

Disciples heading to the tomb of Christ...
IMG_1204

A polar bear...he seemed a bit out of place...
IMG_1218

I loved the colors in the marble on this lady...
IMG_1189

IMG_1130

Vincent Van Gogh...
IMG_1132

IMG_1201

There were so many beautiful pieces of art here...and we walked up and down looking for Whistler's Mother (which was not on display!)...but we did find this gorgeous painting. I believe she was my favorite in the whole museum!

IMG_1137

IMG_1136

IMG_1140

IMG_1141

IMG_1138

Pictures don't really do justice to the paintings here. I guess...my photography skills don't exactly do justice! I loved everything about this museum...I wished I was the only one there to wander and sit in front of so many of the paintings.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my word, that woman does look so much like Ang! Look at those lips!

And I think one of the disciples looks like Orlando Bloom (on the left), what do you think?

Deana said...

Lauren, you would LOVE this museum!

I thought it looked like Orlando Bloom too!!! HaHa!