We went to a few last shops, and saw a couple more areas. I got Max a Where The Wild Things Are book in French! And picked up some specialty tea for Steve.
I took a few photos of the street we stayed on, Rue Cler...


and our Hotel...

Got a picturesque shot...very Parisian...

and had our parting meal of Crepes!


We eventually made our way to the train station, to catch the Eurostar to London.

Hey look...it's us...both in the photo!

We stopped at Paul Patisserie at the train station.

It was everything I remembered it to be. I love Paul Patisserie.
We made our way through the outskirts of Paris, and Kris snoozed for a bit. I was too nervous...because we were about to go UNDER THE OCEAN! I put on a podcast and relaxed for the ride before too long. Halfway through my episode of This American Life, I realized we were under the chunnel...

Totally uneventful. Almost missed it. Really worked myself up over nothing.
We made it to London in a couple of hours and change, and got off the train at St. Pancres Station.

Home.

I can not ever find the right words to describe my love for this city. I've only found one person, besides my husband, who understands the love for another place like this. I was glad to share the trip with her. It is like my heart was born there, and feels at peace when I've brought it back.
I hadn't been in St. Pancres since they had renovated it...next time I'm there I'll have to do a bit more shopping! But we had a show to catch, so off we went to catch a black taxi to our hotel. I've never been in a cab in London. It was a fun treat!
We waited for our cab, and I saw this sign...

We got to our hotel, and checked in...not a bad view!

Then booked it to the underground to make it to Billy Elliot!!!

I loved loved loved it! I can't wait for it to be on tour here in the States! I'll see it again for sure!
After our night at the theatre, we got back to our hotel room so I could try to get a hold of Steve. The whole time in Paris, I had a really difficult time getting online. Our planned way of keeping in touch was through Skype.
In London, we had free internet, so I called as soon as we got back. He was in a tizzy! He had been trying to get me since the night before because we never connected after being at Aurelie's that afternoon, evening. Then he didn't know if we'd made it to London. It was good I got him on the phone/skype when I did...he was getting worried. But we got all caught up, and I was ready to hit the hay! We were meeting up with Sam and Rachel in the morning!!
We slept with the window cracked open that night...and I got to hear London passing by. My favorite way to sleep. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment