Thursday, April 10, 2008

California Day 20...

It's been a week of getting things done around here.

I've been making appointments, and booking airfare for Denver in May. Max will start seeing doctors next week, and hopefully we can get him in to his therapies soon too.

I'm really enjoying California. The area we live in is very quiet, but very diverse too. I'm hoping to get hooked into some of the parent groups for Max, and for me. I want to make some friends here, and don't quite know how to go about that.

It is also just beautiful here. The flowers are starting to give way to green leaves on some of the trees. But there are still plenty of flowers. Today Max, Olive and I walked Steve back to his office after lunch and I actually got warm! It was in the 80's today and is supposed to be in the mid-80's all weekend!

I'm hoping we go to the ocean this weekend. I think we'll have to plan that way! We do need to unpack more. We're at that place where we have just enough out to be livable, but I'm ready to finalize the move with all of the unpacking!

My sister and brother in law come the first weekend of May. I'm really excited for that! I'm seeing enough now I want to show off all of the new places and things we've found!

That's all for an update right now...off to buy an iron and ironing board...something I've not used in about 5 years with Steve working at home and me not working. I hope I can remember how to not burn shirts! ;) We're also on the lookout for a rice cooker and a toaster. Oh joy!!!

2 comments:

Danetta said...

I am looking forward to seeing your new favorites with you soon.

Being the proud momma and nonni that I am I have shown everyone who knows Max and pretty much who I know, the press release you sent to me and every response has been the same. They all think what have always known, I have quite an amazing daughter.

Anonymous said...

An iron huh? I think I too haven't owned one in years.

CA sounds just lovely.