I think there are some squirrels in the attic above Max's room. YUCK!!! I just hear scratch scratch in the mornings in his room. And something rolling around. Creepy yucky!
When I took Olive out to the front yard this morning to do her business, I saw another really creepy site. HUNDREDS of snails!!! I have never seen so many snails in my life. They aren't quite as gross to me as slugs...must be their decorative houses they carry around on their backs. But I can't believe how many there are out on those flower bushes. Anyone know what snails do to plants? Do they kill them?



They are kind of cool to watch...but I freaked myself out when I was stepping forward to get a close shot and CRUNCH! Eeeew I smooshed one!
While I was out there with the camera, I thought I would try to get some shots of the lillies too.


Look! The snails are EVERYWHERE!
9 comments:
We had squirrels in the walls and ceiling of our old efficiency apt. It totally sucked. You could hear them chewing all the time and I'd hit the walls. It is pretty bad. B got a beebee gun and tried to shoot some while I prayed he wouldn't get arrested or harm some innocent child. We have a snail in our fish tank and love it. I think it's so amazing- of course it is enclosed and just one- definitely less creepy, but I find him/her fascinating.
oh just gross! Are those tickets refundable??? You should go crazy with some salt!
I should super soak them with salt water huh?!
I think snails are kind of cute :-)
We had snails like that at our old place. One time, I went out and bought a ton of colorful flowers to brighten up the yard and within two days those buggers had eaten all my flowers and I was left with lovely bare stems sticking out of the ground. ugh can't stand those things... sorry you have to deal with them.
all creatures great and small the Lord God made them all. Live and let live. Except for snakes and spiders. Ha!
Well, I love squirrels maybe because we have none her in Libya I used to love to see them in Grandma Blair's Yard every morning I just love them and its still fun for me watching them in Hyde park in England, once I run into a man that had some sort of way to communicate with them he would do this sound of like a whistle and they all came out from every where in the park and he would feed them peanuts he told me that it is his hobby and he does it always, I was just so thrilled I took pictures and all I just loved it I carried on like a child, on the other hand we don’t have much snails here but in Tunisia (which is our neighboring country) people actually eats snails and they are crazy about it sorry to gross you all out I just feel sick when I think about it- sorry for that long entry
don't forget the garlic!
beautiful shots... i don't know how people eat escargot... i'm not fond of anything with a shell actually... including lobster/crab... i think that's why god made them so difficult to eat.
Post a Comment