Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Surprises...

I haven't posted anything in a couple of days because I was keeping a secret! I wanted to keep it a secret until the surprise unfolded. But I had a busy weekend.

Yesterday it did! It was Vijay's birthday yesterday. And after she told me she doesn't like to celebrate her birthday I knew I had to change her mind!

Steve was due to be in Sacramento all week this week, so we loaded up with him to stay here while he works. This way we get to see our friends throughout the week while Steve has to work. It was just a two hour drive, so not bad at all!

Vijay has often told me of her favorite cake back in India, it's a pineapple pastry, three layers with whipped cream topping. So you know I had to find this cake! Being in the bay area, it wasn't too hard. There is an Indian bakery close to our house, and we went the other day to inquire about an eggless pineapple pastry. Of course I had to try a piece before I ordered it...actually we tried three different pieces! It was incredible!

When we arrived to Vijay's, I told Steve to go in ahead of us, and then I would come a couple of minutes later to surprise her!

I rang the doorbell, with camera in hand ready for the reaction...
at first there was confusion...
Surprise!

then SURPRISE!!!
Surprise!


We had a great time! Most of you know what a dear friend Vijay is to us, but did you know that Max and I have only seen her one time before this? Also, I had never met her youngest son! It was great catching up and for her to get to see Max and hold him.

Vijay and Max

And of course...there was cake!
Vijay and Cake

We'll be going over more this week, for more visits! All of the boys fell asleep after we got there, so maybe we'll get them to play more throughout the week. Also, at the Indian bakery, Steve couldn't resist buying half a case of mangos from India. The US has only recently allowed the import of mangos from India, so they are awaiting all of our taste testing to see if they are any good!

So there is our surprise...we'll be here all week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh goodness. this is my first birthday ever! what a beautiful surprise to be able to see Max and hold him. Deana my friend, you made my day! thank you so very much.

Anonymous said...

I feeeeeeeeeel the love! This is a beautiful friendship.

Danetta said...

I know you will enjoy your visit as much as Vijay will. Happy birthday Vijay!