Wednesday, July 23, 2008

gtube...

We met with he surgeon today. We will do the surgery on August 12th. They'll keep us for a couple of days to make sure it is all working correctly and we know how to work it okay.

I can't say that I am excited about it...it's something I wished we would never need. But I am ready for it. I am ready for him to get the nutrition he needs and wants. I am ready to stop fighting over every single meal. I am ready to feed him yummy things he wants instead of his formula by a bottle. I am ready to try new foods and try different cups for him to drink out of.

I am not so ready for the "nursing" that goes along with it...yuck! We will be getting a Mic-Key button. http://www.mic-key.com/

I've been watching videos tonight of changing it out every three months or so...and I'm sure i'll get comfortable enough with it...but just tonight it is giving me the heebie jeebies. If you are so inclined, you can search on youtube for g-tube changes, or mic-key button changes.

He will be able to do everything he does now...might take him a while to get comfortable with it, but he will get used to it, just as we will. And I do know it is the right thing for him now. I just have to keep reminding myself that and we'll get through this new part of life just fine!

1 comment:

Chi said...

You are going to do great! I have lots of tips for mickey buttons. I will send them to you! I'm glad that Max will be able to have some of your yummy home cooked foods! Do you have a "nosey" cup?