It has been quite the welcoming week back to Colorado! I have meant to sit down and write a blog, but my days disappear before I know what has happened!
Max is doing much better. Thank you all for your prayers and asking about him.
The doctors monitored him over night and through their intense treatment in the ER, they successfully knocked him smooth out to stop the seizures. We went home on a higher dose of medicine, and a very sleepy little guy.
He woke up Wednesday morning with plenty to talk about. In fact, today was the first day that he didn't talk non-stop all day long! We are to see his neurologist again in a week or so to make sure he's still doing okay. We'll have some tests coming up to see if he has another spot on his brain to watch out for with the seizures. He told us that the seizures were coming from the same area they did surgery on. And that Max hasn't had this kind of seizure since before surgery. When the doctor said that, it made me feel so so good knowing that he knows Max so well, and how special it is that he knew him from the beginning.
On Tuesday, once we got word that Max was okay and that we would be going home, his neurologist stopped by to visit with us before we went. Up to this point we were so into the emergency of his treatment that we just exchanged hugs and got right down to business. But once we knew he was on the mend we could relax and visit. One of the first things he said was he was so happy we were back. Truer words have never been spoken. I couldn't have imagined doing this from another state, or country. We are here, where we need to be for Max...and for us.
It was amazing how confident we felt in telling the emergency dept. staff what to do for Max. And calling his doctors, and all of them knowing exactly what he needed. Not because of his diagnosis, but because they KNOW Max!
So that is behind us. I'll work next week to get him a pediatrician hooked up, his formula sent here to CO, sign him back up on the Medicaid Waiver(that we had to give up to sign up for it in CA!), and get his therapy started again. The week after next we meet with the G-Tube Clinic to talk about surgery. It is SO time for that to happen. I've been having to give Max all of his medicine by syringe since coming home to make sure he gets it all in, and it is so difficult! I'll be glad to get back to a point where he enjoys eating. Right now it is just a chore for both of us!
On other fronts, we heard from our land-lady in CA today. She showed the house to a couple who absolutely loved it, but didn't know if their parents' could handle the stairs. So they declined it. I'm hoping they look around and come back with nothing in that price range, or anywhere near as nice and want it after-all! We can't get our own place easily without the monthly rent from that one being gone.
We're enjoying the time with our friends, and Angie and Dan. It's so good to be back...discovering new things, and old things alike!
Hopefully next week I'll be more on top of updating!
1 comment:
Max is such a warrior. I am glad to read that he is doing better. Keep me updated. I'll be thinking of you.
Post a Comment